Saint-Tropez has been a Mecca for the rich and famous since the 1950s when a scantily-clad young Brigitte Bardot turned the picturesque fishing port in the place to be seen. As she lounged on its white sandy beaches in the briefest of bikinis for the hit movie ‘And God Created Woman’, Bardot changed the history of Saint-Tropez overnight.
More than 60 years later, the Bardot affect is still very much apparent and Saint-Tropez is arguably the most exclusive resort along the French Riviera. It is home to a number of first-class restaurants and vintage nightclubs which are easily accessible for the evening when taking a helicopter from Nice to Saint-Tropez.The journey takes just 20 minutes from Nice to Saint-Tropez.
Please see below for our guide to the hippest nightspots in 2011:
- Le Byblos Restaurant, situated in Le Byblos Hotel, a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, is one of the most exclusive eateries in the South of France and well worth jumping on a helicopter from Nice to Saint-Tropez for. The menu is as impressive as La carte on which it is described. Address: Byblos Hotel, Avenue Paul Signac. Tel: +33 494 566800.
- Café de Paris, located in the port underneath the famous Hotel Sube, is an institution in Saint-Tropez where diners can eat in a relaxed atmosphere whilst enjoying first-class food and service. Enjoy a day at Nice’s many magical art museums and then be sitting at a table overlooking the port for supper, using our exclusive helicopter service from Nice to Saint-Tropez. Address: Route de Saint-Tropez. Tel: +33 494 970056.
- Chez Maggy is a throw back from the 1970s where you can get simple but beautifully cooked food and dance when the plates have been cleared. Chez Maggy is open all year round, and closes at 3am, so you can be home in Nice by 3.20am. Address: 5 Rue Sibille. Tel: +33 494 971612.
- VIP Room is a legendary nightclub which is still hugely popular with the jet set. Arrive in the early evening on a helicopter from Nice to Saint-Tropez for a sun-downer, and then dance the night away. Address: Résidence du Port, Tel: +33 494 97147
- Les Caves de Roy, perhaps the most famous nightspot in Saint-Tropez and the venue in which you are most likely to rub shoulders with celebrities. Address: Byblos Hotel, Avenue Paul Signac, +33 494 566800.