With just days to go until the opening of the Monaco Yacht Show 2016, here are some fascinating facts about this world-renowned event, which is taking place from 28th September to 1st October in Monaco’s Port Hercules:
1) Helicopter transfer to Monaco is the only way to arrive in style for the Monaco Yacht Show. In just 7 minutes you can transfer from Nice Airport to the heliport in Monaco.
2) The Monaco Yacht Show will celebrate this year its 26th anniversary and promises to be the biggest edition yet with approximately 40,000 yachting enthusiasts expected to attend.
3) When it opens at 10am on Wednesday, it will have taken more than 300 people to set up for this year’s show on an area of 20,300 square metres of exhibition space on the quayside for a total of 580 exhibitors.
4) A total of 125 superyachts will be on display at Port Hercules, and will share a global total value of over €3,000,000,000.
5) Of the superyachts on display, more than 40 will be world premieres and will arrive at the Monaco Yacht Show 2016 to be unveiled for the first time.
6) A Monaco Yacht Show app has been created for the first time in the event’s history.
7) The majority of superyachts being showcased are motor boats, with just 19 sailing boats and 1 catamaran on display this year.
8) Last year a staggering 34,000 people attended the show, with organisers hoping that this year’s event will attract even more visitors.
9) For the first time ever, there will be a dedicated exhibition for luxury supercars. The MYS Car Deck will exhibit 10 of the most alluring automotive models, from Lamborghinis to Rolls Royces.
10) Tickets are available online or at the entrance for €150 per day for visitors and €500 for four days if you are a professional working in the luxury or yachting industry.