The world-famous resort of Cannes is one of the most visited towns along the French Riviera, and it’s perfectly easy to see why.
The cosmopolitan town, which comes to a halt for a fortnight every May when the Cannes Film Festival is held in its majestic Palais des Festivals, oozes sophistication and charm in the way that only a French station balnéaire can.
Just 15 minutes by helicopter from Nice to Cannes, it boasts some of the country’s finest hotels, boutiques and restaurants, as well as some first-class private beaches which sit just below the famous La Croisette, the wide avenue which runs along the seafront.
But it’s not all glitz and glamour. Walk through the winding back streets of Cannes and you will find yourself in shady squares where old French men play pétanque and sip Pastis. A stroll around the old port is also highly-recommended before returning to your villa by helicopter from Cannes.
A must before heading home by helicopter from Cannes is to book a table at one of the many fine restaurants in the town.
Here is our guide to the top five:
• Le Park 45, a one Michelin star resident in grounds of the Grand Hotel, 45 La Croisette. www.grand-hotel-cannes.com
• L’Annexe is a great place to go for good food with your toes virtually on the sand in front of the famous Carlton Hotel. Reserve a helicopter from Nice to Cannes and spend the spend the day at the beach on L’Annexe’s comfy sun-loungers . www.lannexe.fr
• La Palme d’Or or the 2-star Michelin restaurant Le Relais Martinez are two exceptional dining haunts in the exclusive Hotel Martinez, on La Croisette. www.hotel-martinez.com
• La Brouette de Grand Mère is a wonderful family restaurant with a reputation for excellent French cuisine. www.labrouettedegrandmere.com
• La Fregate is an unfussy pizza restaurant on the seafront where you are sure to get a great pizza before heading home by helicopter from Cannes. Tel: +33 4 93 39 45 39
1 thought on “The Finest Restaurants in Cannes”
Post trop cultivant