Perish the thought of your holiday in Courchevel coinciding with some really rotten weather making it impossible to hit the slopes, but it’s best to be ready for some alternative activities if this is indeed the case.
And if you’re going to get snow-bound in any resort Courchevel – which can be reached in 20 minutes using our Annecy transfer helicopter service from any major airport near the French Alps – is as good a resort as any!
There are a multitude of activities in which to busy yourself, should the weather take a turn for the worse after your arrival by helicopter using our Annecy transfer service.
Below is a list of suggestions we have put together for clients choosing our transfer to Courchevel service this winter:
- Shopping: The town of Courchevel has a string of exclusive boutiques that would rival any high street in Paris, Milan or Rome. In fact, some shopaholics have been known to use our transfer to Courchevel service just for a spot of retail therapy.
- Cinema: Le Tremplin is an excellent cinema in the middle of Courchevel which frequently shows films in VO (version originale). A trip here during a blizzard will surely keep the kids happy, although some luxury chalets in the town do also boasts their own private movie theatres.
- Ice-Skating: Chamonix’s Olympic size ice-rink, opened for the 1992 Winter Games, is an ideal place to amass if the weather lets you down this winter. The ice-rink even opens earlier, at 2pm, when conditions on the slopes are poor.
- Bowling: Chamonix’s bowling alley has eight lanes, a bar and restaurant offering the prefect respite from storms.
- Swimming: many of the luxury hotels and exclusive chalets have their own private indoor swimming pools so make sure you pack your swimmers for a ‘rainy day’.