Saint Tropez is famous for its long, white beaches and azure blue sea making it one of the most visited resorts in France during the summer months.
But the picturesque town on the French Riviera is equally as renowned for its brilliant night life, with a string of exclusive bars, restaurants and nightclubs within its midst to which A-list celebrities fly from Monaco or Nice each year.
World famous footballers, supermodels and actors such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Naomi Campbell and Leonardo DiCaprio have all been spotted sampling the Saint Tropez night life this year, whilst Rhianna and Tyga were invited to play at the famous VIP Rooms earlier this month.
The nightclub in Saint Tropez’s new port has seen some of the biggest names in music play to crowds over the years and is, according to designer Karl Lagerfeld, ‘the best club in the world’.
As the club is open until 6am, it’s the perfect place for visitors to Saint Tropez to finish up – but where should you head before? Here are some of our favourite night spots to give you some ideas:
- Bar du Port, 7 Quai Suffren, St Tropez. This bar on the port is the perfect spot to while away the hours people watching with a chilled glass of rose in hand.
- Le Bar du Sube, Quai Suffren. Another central bar on the port that does a mean cocktail.
- White Bar, White 1921, Place des Lices. A relative newcomer to the Saint Tropez night scene, this hotel bar is the epitome of sophistication. Sip from an elegant coupe de champagne in the comfortable sofas and soak up the true Tropezienne ambiance.
- Café des Arts, Place des Lices. Not far from the White Bar, the Cafe des Arts is hugely popular with locals. Order a Pastis and watch groups of gentlemen play petanque, or boules.
Zanzibar, Pampelonne. If you are staying in Ramatuelle, near Pampelonne Beach, then why not order your first Sundowner at this friendly, low-key bar. A particular favourite as it is so relaxed.
- Club 55, Pampelonne. Just as laid back as the Zanzibar but infinitely more glamorous is Club 55, which is hugely popular with the jet set. Enjoy a glass of rose with your toes in the sand, and watch the celebrities come and go. More of a daytime venue, but definitely worth considering for an early apero.
- Nikki Beach, Pampelonne. Another beach club which shouldn’t be missed is the famous Nikki Beach St Tropez, which is set back ever so slightly on Pampelonne Beach. The club organizes themed events which are held mainly in the day, but its Thank God it’s Friday Apero which starts at 5pm every week is a must do if possible.
- Les Caves Du Roy, Byblos Hotel. Back in the centre of Saint Tropez is another legendary nightspot which opened more than 40 years ago. The club is now part of the equally legendary Byblos Hotel.